On Friday, I found this on the sidewalk when I was walking. And it was yellowish, greenish and very very fuzzy. And it was also a moth caterpiller. We took it into Mrs Wold (JJ's teacher) and she said it was a moth caterpillar. She asked if I would like to call Mr Wold- he is a scientist about caterpillars. So we called him, and he said it was a moth caterpillar. He asked if it was white and we said no. He asked if it was green and we said yes. He asked if it was yellow and we said yes. Then he said if it was greenish/ yellowish and we said yes. He said it wouldn't bite if we didn't bother it too much.
So we put it in a bug cage and gave it some leaves to eat. When he found a leaf, he made a pillow out of one by bonking his head on the leaf and then cuddling into a leaf by using it like a wubby (blanket). When danger came, he put another leaf on top of him. And all of us in our classroom, discovered it and wrote down about it on a piece of paper. I wrote it down in words. But Mrs Wold said she had to keep it, so I don't have it.
At the end of the day, we let it go.
And Mrs. Wold said that's enough for the day about playing with the caterpillar.
1 comment:
I loved finding out about that caterpillar! Good writing.
Post a Comment